I had an opportunity to test a pattern from Jenny Lassalle Hall of Seamingly Smitten, a pattern designer that I have had my eye on, but hadn’t yet made anything for myself. First, I’ll disclose that I received compensation for testing this pattern, but that included testing only, not reviews or promotion (I got paid a nominal amount before the pattern was even released). I was drawn to this particular pattern because it looked really easy, and I’m hoping to focus these next few months on working through my stash of wovens. I’m wanting to transition to a lighter, breezier wardrobe for the long, hot Los Angeles summer I see looming on the horizon. Here are the details:
- Link to pattern: SeaminglySmitten.com, pattern is on sale through 5/5/2016, no code necessary
- Sizing is XS-XXXL (B 31-49″/ W 23-43″/ H 33-51″) with cut lines for petite, regular and tall on bodice and skirt; petite bodice width lines as well
- Pattern includes clear instructions with full color photos step-by-step
- Neckline is faced
- Elastic waistband sits at natural waist
- For more inspiration, help from the designer, and notifications of pattern sales, join the Seamingly Smitten facebook group
Overall, this is a really quick sew that is approachable for a beginner. I used a lightweight crepe for the main (black) part of my dress, and a metallic crochet lace for the accents on the bodice. This made it a little dressier, perfect for a date night or girls night out. I paired it with super sparkly silver glitter pumps that dearly needed an excuse to see the light of day. For future versions I want to try using a knit fabric, sizing down in the bodice, and lengthening to a maxi with a big slit.